By now, our college days are long behind us (let’s not talk about how many years). Some folks have sought continuing education in the form of a master’s degree, PhD, certifications, and other credentials. Some of these factor into our “employability” and can help move our careers.
Assuming you’ve gotten the credentials/certifications requested and additional schooling that you are going to do – now what? Where do you go to find more information about your industry and stay on top of trends? What resources are available for continuing your education on the tips and tricks that successful people in your industry employ?
There are countless webinars/seminars/conferences that you can attend for federal contracting; many are relatively low cost. But how many times have you listened to a speaker provide the very highest level of information with generalities and no details? How often have you heard the same message over and over (“get to know the customer, or shape the opportunity” sound familiar?)? Why is there a dearth of actionable advice that resonates with you and your company?
The same usual suspects are putting on the same educational series with the same speakers. There is a lack of transparency/real life, straightforward advice in the industry.
- Is it because the speakers don’t know (if this is the case, why are they speaking?)
- Their information is outdated (I’ve seen the same speech out of certain folks for YEARS)
- They are afraid that you won’t seek their services for hire or will use their advice and not need them
What this industry needs is real, direct, transparent advice from people who have seen a lot of different things in the federal space and who aren’t afraid to share the information. Professionals that will tell you what they honestly think vs keeping it politically correct for fear of saying something controversial. Real business people who actually have solid opinions but are open to new ideas and ways (not stuck in the federal marketplace of the 2000’s).
The govmates Institute was launched with this in mind. We provide the real scoop on issues that are germane to your business. No bullshit, no pie-in-the-sky convoluted discussions without actionable ideas that you can implement immediately. Demand more out of speakers – you deserve it.
Our next govmates Institute will be on September 6th – From Purgatory to Paradise. It’s a half day dedicated to:
- Purgatory – that awful time between proposal submission and award. What’s a GovCon to do (legally)? How to address questions, requests for redlines, and BAFOs. What can your Program Manager say (or not) to someone on source selection? What can you tell your employees?
- 30 to 60 Day Transition – We all claim we’re ready on Day One. Yeah, right. There’s a lot that happens in that first few months and as the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression. How to handle the hiring/recruiting of a new team, how to negotiate with the government, issue subcontracts to subs, get your accounting house in order, and tips for keeping the client as happy as possible, given the million balls in the air.
- Now you’ve won – How do you pay for it? We all know we can use our banks and lines of credit. But what if you’ve maxed out your line of credit capacity? What if you don’t have enough operating history for the bankers to provide the line? What if you need upfront cash for Purchase Orders or advance hiring? We bring you some non-traditional methods to fund those first few months when you are incurring costs before actually getting paid.
- FY19 Capture and BD Opps – great, you won. Now, what’s next? ‘Tis the season for 2019 strategic planning off-sites and budget prep. What are you going after next year and what do you need to track?
Register at: https://govmates.com/institute/