The easiest 10 minutes you can spend this March to focus on Company Culture
During this challenging job market, company culture is more important than ever. One of the easiest and least expensive things a company can do to drive camaraderie, friendly competition, and company culture is to start an NCAA March Madness Bracket competition for your employees and family members. We’re not just about managed GovCon accounting here, we’re about your whole operation, and sometimes a morale boost is exactly what your team needs. Company culture is one of the biggest driving factors in retaining employees and keeping them happy, and with almost no effort, you can give your employees something to bond over for years to come.
Here are a few reasons why every company should do this:
- It is fun – isn’t that enough?
- It drives friendly competition and camaraderie.
- It encourages employee engagement – learning more about your colleagues, where they went to school, why they root for one team over another, etc.
- Family members – many would say they are not part of the company, but let’s be honest, spouses and kids sacrifice their family time for your company – so include them and make them part of “Team Acme Ltd.”
- The competition created during the tournament only lasts a few short weeks, but the team bonding will last for years.
- Bragging rights retain employees, whether it’s related to a basketball tournament or the government contracts you’ve won.
- A little time to organize it – because your team will be talking about it anyway.
- A prize for the winner and runner-up, and if I enter the tournament, you need a prize for the bracket with the LEAST points (yes, I have won that prize before).
- ESPN, YAHOO, and CBS Sports, among others, all offer pools for free and manage the points for you.
- If you’re not a sports person, you might consider the time you spend to be a cost, but isn’t your company culture worth it?
So what are you waiting for? Take a few minutes to build your company bracket rules, share the link, encourage involvement, and have fun this NCAA season.
If you would like to join the BOOST brackets, we will be giving away a prize to the winner. https://tinyurl.com/jtdrawvf
Don’t forget the women’s bracket. https://tinyurl.com/48y68rdv