As we wind down February, we wanted to take a quick moment to show some love to a few folks in the GovCon industry. We think these resources are valuable for growing GovCons. If you think we might be forgetting anyone go ahead and share the love!
- The Pulse – this is a must-read for anyone in business development in GovCon. Their latest edition covers over 114 Opportunities. They have a compiled list of industry days, outreach events and things you need to know about. Their snarky is our brand of snarky and we love them for it. Better yet, it’s Free. Seriously. Join their distro list here.
- PTACs – If you are just starting off in the industry, our best advice is to not waste time or money on service providers but use your local PTAC and SBA office. They can help you register on SAMS, work on your first capabilities statement, provide insights on getting your business off the ground. Many of their classes are taught by experts and are low-cost. We particularly heart Anna Urman at the Virginia PTAP. Anna knows her stuff and practically everyone in the industry.
- Insight from the Experts – The GovCon industry has many, many events and it’s sometimes hard to wade through them. We find that when industry guru Kevin Plexico speaks, we listen. His data is always on point, his research is sound and is a great wide view of the federal landscape. We also love Bloomberg events. They bring in speakers with a wide variety of expertise and experience. Most of the events are free and great for sniffing out trends.
- myFedBeacon – It’s all the power of FBO in your pocket. This app allows you to stay on track of your opportunities, your competitors and your frenemies. We love the approach of “spend 10 mins a day to keep the stale pipeline away.”
- NVSBC Washington Chapter (National Veteran Small Business Coalition) – If you are an SDVOSB or looking to team with one, you have got to come to the best networking event around with the NVSBC. The boot camps are informative; the networking is real and the view is amazing.
- govmates – Yes, we’re biased, but you would be too! govmates is a free online teaming platform (think match.com for GovCon). Small contractors enter in their profile (should take less than 10 mins). Large contractors or those priming and looking for teammates ask us for specific criteria and we prepare a report with those that match. We email introductions and then it’s up to you! govmates has also launched its new conference offering for matchmaking. Know of any organization that wants to take its matchmaking offering to a new level? Email us to help!
Now you know who we love! So, who do YOU love?